InstaMe

Thursday, May 30, 2013

Bear's 22nd Birthday

Yup, Bear turned 22 this year. I first knew him when he was only 18 years old!! Time really flies as fast as lightning. As always, his birthday and my exam weeks are best friends. They usually come hand-in-hand. Thankfully, this time my papers are not on his birthday itself. However, I had paper on the 7th which was 2 days before the day so I don't really have time to plan. Weeks before, I did have many plans for his birthday running in my little brain. Ya I know, poor little brain. Dah la stress about exam, now gotta stress about boyfriend's birthday some more. But all the stress worth it when I see the happiness in him. :)

Bear don't celebrate birthdays before he knew me. So he's quite lucky to meet me la. HAHAHAHA.. Anyway, due to exam I did not have much time for preparations. On the eve of his birthday, I sneaked out to Jusco to get him a salmon cake. Both of us don't really have many commons, but we seriously are in love with salmons. I simply bought a few boxes of salmons and laid them nicely on a plate with ice underneath.  I actually planned to get a nicer plate but I did not have time so I just grabbed any plate from my home kitchen.

When the clock striked 12, I asked Bear to come into the dining room and he was quite surprised with the salmon cake and birthday song, which was obviously sung by me. He kept asking when I went out and bought them. Pretty satisfied with myself for being able to surprise him.


The next day, I dated him out for lunch in the new Japanese restaurant, Ichi Zen. We brought the sista along so that she could help us hold the camera. :P The sista ordered a beef set that comes with noodles and rice, I had grilled salmon with rice and Bear ordered onion fried beef with rice.The food there was only so-so. Wa Zen is so much better and Bear agreed with me.  Besides being unimpressive, the price is rather high. So, I think that would be the first and last time we dine there.
 

My next and final surprise for Bear was a birthday cake which I custom-made. I actually went to Sam Pattisier 2 weeks earlier with Amelia and ZiJia during our instax date. I specifically told the staff there I wanted a tchoukball cake. I even showed him pictures which I later e-mailed to him to make sure he had something to refer to. He told me he could make the cake as I requested and if there should have any changes, he would give me a call. He never called.


Nights before Bear's birthday, I actually dreamed that the cake turned to be a disaster as tchoukball picture was printed instead of being 3D. When we went to get the cake, I realised that the dream was actually much better than reality.


I WANTED TCHOUKBALL,
NOT FOOTBALL!!

I was really very angry but the person, who I ordered from, was not there and scolding others for another's mistake is simply not fair. So, I wanted to do what I do best and that is to complain. However, Bear super liked the cake.He was so happy, especially when he saw the footballer has the same jersey number as him.


He cooled me off and I soon realised that as long as he likes it, there is no point complaining, even though I am still very angry with the shop. I don't think I will ever step into the shop for custom made cakes. Maybe I will visit for nice cakes as Bear's cake tasted good. It has some mango yogurt flavour with grated coconut surrounding it. Service lousy but cake sedap so boleh tahan la..HAHAHAHA!

 
 

 Note to Bear:
Happy birthday my darling!
I hope you enjoyed your birthday with all the surprises.
I wish you that you eat more and grow fatter
to be of real Bear size.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
Can't wait to celebrate more birthdays with you
in the future.
Much love.

No comments: