Thursday, November 28, 2013

Weekend getaway

So..Last weekend was quite a dramatic one..

Bear's church planned for a mini church camp in Kukup and he asked me to join them. At first, I didn't wana follow laore because I was there last May leh and there isn't much worthy for a revisit. I cried at the sight of wooden pathway at the last trip and some more Bear made me walk the hanging bridged. Urgh! Not fun at all. And if I go, I gotta skip my morning class on Monday. However, bear persuaded me that a short weekend getaway will be fun so, I agreed to go.

Of all the time, the "aunty" decided to pay a visit on the night before we were travelling. I knew she will be nasty so I packed panadol, just in case. I was super right! Once we arrived, the cramp kicked in and became very bad in just minutes. I don't usually vomit due to her visit but I was not sure why I did this time. At the second throw-out, I was all dizzy and wobbly.  Thankfully, bear was with me in the toilet and he caught me before I fell. I went blank after that.

Bear told me that I asked for a doctor unconsciously. Now, that don't happen a lot because I hate going to the doctors and Bear knew so too. I must be in horrible pain to ask for such request. His sis went asking around for the nearest doctor but they only have government's clinic, which is close on Sundays and the next best alternative was Pontian Hospital, which is pretty far according to bear.

Bear thought he had no choice but to get me to the hospital for jab, no matter how far the hospital may be. Thankfully, there was a stranger who saw that I passed out and came to offer help. He thought I had a heatstroke so he asked bear to bring me over to a massaging center which was air conditioned. Bear told me he carried me to the center with his bare hands. Not bad ah, he quite strong ah. HAHAHA. Bear said he explained that I fainted because of stomach cramp and the two aunties in the center started to massage me. In chinese, we call it as ___. He said I rolled all over the place crying in pain. After a while, I stopped and fell into deep sleep. I felt cold and the aunties covered me with 3 blankets. Bear found out in their conversation that the uncle and aunties were actually preparing to go back to SG to work but they offered to help regardlessly. Bear didn't want to delay their trip any longer so he woke me up.

I was better than fine when I woke up. I can't express how thankful I was. The thought that they delayed their trip to help a stranger really amazed me. They didn't even asked for any money after all the massage. They are my Good Samaritans.

"Offer help to whoever 
whenever it is needed" 

The marks after ___

The strong man who carried me with his bare hands

This is the wooden pathway that made me cried the last trip. This trip, I didn't cry but it was still very scary la. I super hate the sinking feeling when I step on it. And it can possibly break at any time, you know with the presence of termites and other insects. It was rather scary for me to stand alone, without him holding me, for a picture of myself, so Bear had to help me to sit down properly and comfortably. I was also afraid that my flops will drop into the sea so I took them off. Sounds ridiculous but it was better to not lose my flops!! HAHAHA..

As expected, it was pretty boring. I watched "Little Nyonya" on TV the whole evening while Bear napped. We managed to have a glimpsed of the beautiful sunset though.

Dinner was what Bear has been waited for. As a matter of fact, he was in this trip for the food! I didn't have much appetite so they don't look very appealing to me as compared to last trip. After dinner there was a short fellowship and sharing session. We brought bean game and dutch blitz out and played until past midnight. Bear's dad joined us and played bean game for the first time and surprisingly, he won us all!

I knew what was up for the second day. It was exactly the same as the last trip. We took a boat to the mangrove forest then visit the fish farm and have lunch before leaving. How interesting! 

Before boarding the boat, I had a little tummy ache and I was worried the cramp relapse. Thank God one of Bear's church member had some Chinese medicine and I got better after swallowing them.

Going to the mangrove forest literally means crossing the hanging bridge.. AGAIN.. Even though he supported me and held my hand while crossing, I think Bear gets the thrill watching me tremble in fear. Next time, I'll make him ride on Selero Shot in Genting Highlands with me!

We went up a 5-storey tower to have a view of all the mangrove tress. There is a lot of green so it was very nice for pictures. Other than that, there isn't much to see.

We went to the fish farm and the last time, I dared not walk these planks. This time bear said I need to challenge myself. We'll see if he challenges himself on extreme rides like roller coaster the next time. So, I walked them because I am a brave gurl. I got to see these weird sea creature which I treated as a little reward for myself. Sorry for the messy hair, the heat was horrible.

We were running late and I almost couldn't make it to class. Bear sped like no nobody's business. To end this post, here is a picture of the beautiful sky taken when we were on the way back.

No comments: